Sunday, January 10, 2010

Steals: Syd Silver Formals Liquidation


My upcoming spring nuptials have put me in full wedding planning mode. There's still a long list of to-dos, but thankfully I have a lot of help from excited family and friends. In fact, my uncle tipped me off to this:


Syd Silver Formals is shutting down and the entire stock is being liquidated for a steal. Tuxedos with (wait for this) coat, shirt, vest, tie, trousers, suspenders, socks, pocket squares, cufflinks and shoes, from just $99 to $169. Brand names such as Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein and Perry Ellis included. (Last summer my fiancĂ©'s Syd Silver tux rental for his friend's wedding cost him $230.)

At those prices it's cheaper to buy than to rent, I've checked!

My groom-to-be was pretty set on going with the Moores promotion he bought into at a wedding show last year. A $10 deposit guarantees groomsmen $30 off their rental, and the groom's tux rental free. But this Syd Silver steal beats that one, hands down.

A few locations are still open for a limited time. Check out the sale today at the Wingold Ave. store from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Be prepared for a crowd.

79 Wingold Avenue
Toronto, ON M6B 1P8
Tel: 416-256-4784

|Images: Syd Silver Formals|

No comments: